|gah. these two.|
We've previously covered the deep seeded issues we had with Twilight, but as a quick re-cap:
- Bella is our focus. Over three movies her character utterly fails to develop or even deliver dialog. There is nothing remotely unique or interesting about her except that supernatural creatures seem to give a great big 'ol damn about her, but cannot explain why.
- Edward is written as a psychotic stalker, but in the context of the movies, this is played up as desirable and sexy. He does mope in expensive clothes and drive an expensive car and have a surrogate huge (vampire) family that all love Bella.
- There's some werewolf kid who the female audience loves because of his abs and dopey, blank stares who also pines for Bella. His entire storyline seems like a C-plot thread that somehow stole focus completely from anything actually happening.
- Having had seen 3 Twilight movies, I cannot tell you what they are about other than that "bad" vampires want to kill Bella for inexplicable reasons, and that everyone is willing to die to protect her.
- The movies are comprised about 60% of filler material of characters standing around having "emotional" scenes wherein the plot is not moved forward, the characters do not advance, and everyone feels badly.