Well. I watched, for me, *a lot* of movies in 2021. A number of things contributed to this.
1. My teams were incredibly bad. The Chicago Cubs decided to implode in late-June/ early-July, then trade away many of their franchise players. At some point, we just stopped watching the Cubs, which gave me back like 12 hours of screentime per week. The UT Longhorns football team did, uh, did not meet expectations, which gave me back my Saturdays in the Fall.
2. We did a lot of Watch Parties. It was fun! But it locked me in to many, many Friday and Tuesday nights with a fresh movie.
3. We did a bunch of podcasts.
4. I didn't watch a lot of new TV shows. Ted Lasso, sure. But I wasn't actively seeking new stuff and was happy watching movies instead of committing to a TV series.
5. I mean, I didn't have a job for a few months. Friends, that certainly frees you up.
6. I don't have kids. Turns out when you don't have kids, you can do whatever the @#$% you like.
If you like, review the spreadsheet on your own. I could probably break the numbers down more - but, no.