Night of the Living Dead (1968) is a movie everyone should have in their collection and/ or have access to. It's got all sorts of copyright failures that mean everyone owns it and no one owns it.
This year is the 50th Anniversary, plus it's Halloween-time, so let's watch the movie that launched a 1000 imitators and a whole culture around re-killing dead people.
I was going to try to do a videoconferencing thing, but I've realized that everyone's TV's playing the movie out of synch is just going to be a nightmare, so until we sort out how to watch the movie together, we're still LIVE TWEETING.
- Movie: Night of the Living Dead
- Time: 9:00 Central, Friday October 26th
- hashtag: #getbarb
- to find me: @melbotis
Where to watch:
- unpredictable effects of cosmic phenomena
- why none of us care if Barbara gets it
- how it's kinda nice all the zombies are dressed nice from their funerals
- the complexities of what it means for a bunch of dead people to come back as proposed in this film versus other films
- casting a Black lead in 1968
- why one should always keep a good shovel around
- brains: yes, delicious, but - also nutritious?
- why Dawn of the Dead is also pretty spiffy
- what is the most depressing element of this movie?
- why I'd become a dictatorial monster inside of five minutes of a zombie apocalypse
- what to do when you awkwardly run into a zombie who is someone you used to know
Well, I'll be drinking, you can count on that. But I'm not making any recommendations. Both the Corpse Reviver and Zombie cocktails are delicious and require too many ingredients I don't have. So, people, just do what you know.