2. Mad Men is doing something it has not done before, and that's build toward a sense of dread and doom throughout the whole season. Also, f-yeah, Revolver. I am going to now open my iTunes and listen to that album.
3. And Peggy. I can't tell you how much I loved Peggy Olson in this episode.
5. I found the FCBD offering for The Ride pretty terrible. Basically a clumsy "here's what happened" sequence on any cops procedural, only with a complete lack of context, and I have no doubt this will be some half-baked, half-assed work by some comic creators trying to be edgy. After reading The Green River Killer, I'm reminded of what can be in a comic, and this... this is just CBS police show junk.
6. Again, it makes no sense that I have not read all of Atomic Robo. There is nothing not amazing about Dr. Dinosaur.
7. That said, FCBD was incredibly well managed at my local shop. Frankly, Austin Books does a great job every year improving the experience. I've gotten some reports that other shops ran out of some or all of their comics. Sorry about that. If I can help, let me know. I can put things in the mail.
8. This week, The Dug and K shall arrive.
9. I expect there shall be RiffTrax. Perhaps even involving sparkly vampires.
10. Hope you had a good weekend, and we'll rap tomorrow on Avengers.
11. Late addition. This is hilarious. I as reading a quick preview of an upcoming comic (with toys attached), Jurassic Strike Force 5, and the Pterodactyl has boobs!
Oh, comics. Sometimes you truly are the medium of awkward 13 year old boys.