The Signal Watch is rife with admissions that may surprise people. I own no less than 2 capes of my own, and the dogs have their own capes. I have a collection of no less than 35 Batmobile toys. I have watched more "Sex and the City" than I ought. But, hey, if we're all going to get to know each other better here, then I think revealing some ugly truths about myself will help set some standards.
1) Yes, I am likely hiding your profile on Facebook.
2) I actually find a lot of those beer commercials where the guy has a misplaced love for beer over all else kind of funny, especially the first ten times or so. Less so by the 8th week of the football season.
3) I find "Flo" from the Progressive commercials oddly foxy
4) I have the best of intentions when NTT recommends a book, but I immediately forget to actually find and read the books he recommends.
5) Three years ago I bought the entire run of the DC series "Steel" in one shot for a 1/3rd of the cover price. But I've never read it. It's still in the plastic.
6) Sometimes, when nobody is looking, I watch reruns of "The Nanny".
7) Despite my professed interest in the dumb, I am always surprised when people assume I will go see a movie like "GI Joe" or "The A-Team" just because somebody made it. I have no clear definition of what constitutes a film or idea being so bad it passes to the awesome, but those won't meet that standard without box office failure and with 5-10 years of age behind them.
8) The "Death of Superman" storyline, probably the most famous Superman storyline, is not very good.
9) It is likely that the "One More Day" storyline in Spider-Man had more to do with my loss of interest in Marvel comics than I care to admit. And my overreaction is exactly the sort of bratty, fanboyish behavior I usually find boorish.
10) I quietly judge you by your musical tastes, because the stuff you like is awful.