I am sure all five of you readers out there cannot believe it, either. Heck, some of you may have read upwards of 6-7% of what I've written here.
While he doesn't comment, I've come to learn that my most avid reader may actually be The Admiral (my dad). Go figure. The man doesn't care about comics, Superman, John Carter, Myrna Loy, or most of the rest of my content (well, maybe Cyd Charisse), but he still checks in every day to see what The Boy is doing.
As of 3/13/2012 at 11:30 PM:
- 998 posts (I'm pre-writing this to publish in a couple of days)
- 2487 comments
- 9538 tweets
- lord knows how many Facebook messages and comments (you're welcome, Zuckerberg, you and your $%#@ing IPO)
- 136,363 total hits
- My number one post - "I'm Headed for Waco, also Some Lawyers are Pigs" has over 4200 hits. Between getting hits because of the cute pig pictures, and as people find Austin's "anti-some-lawyers I've-dressed-as-a-pig guy" interesting, the post continues to get emailed around a bit
- The second most favored post - "The Giant Eyes of Dr. TJ Eckleburg", I assume high school students keep Googling the phrase when reading their Spark Notes (4000 hits and climbing)
- My top five topics are:
- Movies (207)
- Comics (185)
- Superman (147)
- DCU (141)
- Reviews (115)
- My "About" page has received 483 views
- By far the most popular thing I've placed on Tumblr. has been the Batman themed "sound advice" post with 1387 notes after 4 weeks
- Since starting this blog I have thought about the following dames this many times
- Gloria Grahame: 3428
- Cyd Charisse: 3267
- Nichelle Nichols: 5299
- Myrna Loy: 4823
- Lynda Carter: 3212
- Flo from the Progressive commercials - ubiquitous. She's in an ad somewhere right now, you cannot avoid her.
- Christina Hendricks: 34,943
- Jamie Steans: 3,789,221,071
- Apollonia: 3
- I have made this much money from doing this: $0
It seems like just yesterday that I was relaunching this foolish blogging enterprise after 4 months on ice. At the time, I was excited about watching production on a Green Lantern feature film and the direction of DC Comics. Oh, how young and foolish we all were.
That was less than two years ago.
As these things go, at some point it will be interesting to go back and read the subtext and be able to chart what was going on outside of reading comics, watching movies, etc... at the time. At this blog I talk far less about my day-to-day than I did at League of Melbotis, Volume 1, but I'll likely still know.
If you'd told me two years ago that I'd see the wholesale rebooting of the DCU and a gradual but certain reduction in my interest in understanding and reading ALL the comics, I'd have burned you for a witch. But here we are. The truth is, I don't really feel that most of what's out there is for me anymore. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I suppose.
We plan to keep doing this at least until December 31, 2012, so we hope the both of you will stick with us.
Happy 1000 posts to me here at League of Melbotis, Volume 2: The Signal Watch
I appreciate all of you who read the site, follow the tumblr., follow the tweets, follow facebook... however you participate, vocal or silent... you guys make this fun. A 1000 thank-you's on the day of our 1000th post!
Now let's see who feels like celebrating.