Format: Amazon Watch Party
Director: this one is confusing, but it's listed as follows on IMDB - John Brahm, John Cromwell...(uncredited) André De Toth...(uncredited) Lewis Milestone...(uncredited)
A dopey young doctor has fallen for his patient - a mental patient with a phobia of birds and a love of stirring shit (Anne Baxter). Reasonably, he takes her to meet his idiotic family (minus one key player). Unreasonably, he just f'ing leaves her with his idiotic family who just met her. She gaslights the living shit out of everyone, including an 8 year old girl.
This movie features:
- 3 great 1940's hairstyles on lovely women
- 1 coocoo bananas psycho
- Multiple dum-dums who clearly never met a Mean Girl
- 1 Margaret Hamilton reminding you why it was hard for her to find work after Wizard of Oz seared her into your mind as a broom-riding funster
- 1 wife who is wildly tolerant of 1 husband who is clearly banging his model no matter what the script tries to tell us
- 1 man who has all the appeal of a soaked Ralph Bellamy that is, because filmed during wartime, the only man around sold to us as a real dream boat
- 1 bird pining for the fjords
It is not a BAD movie, but it is also not hard to imagine how this movie could be better. Also - how this sort of movie became a Lifetime movie, which would be called "Psycho Sister-In-Law".
However, this movie ALSO was released under the name "Satan in Skirts", which... *chef's kiss*.
Post a Comment