Well, I can't blame Comixology for trying, but...
This was the ad I received in my email today from Comixology.
1. I find the idea that the target market for Comixology is really buying their dad $0.99 digital comics to be a bit disingenuous at best. I mean, The Admiral owns an iPad and I do not (and he's doing very little to remedy my situation, because I think he likes to lord his superior technology over me), but he would probably just be confused with my generosity. So, really, you're talking about DC hoping the guys who have kids old enough to buy things online will jump on Comixology and buy them comics. But DC went way out of their way to alienate all those guys this year (the non 18-25 year old white males), so...
2. Oh, right. Remember when the Flash was Wally West and he had kids and was a father and existed? Buy those, because that storyline really went somewhere.
3. Batman. Father... why daddy? WHY? I WILL AVENGE YOUUUUUU???? (also, Happy Father's Day!)
4. Wonder Woman, made of clay because no men to be daddy's on Paradise Island. Oh, right. The Azzarello stuff? Well, sure. Happy Deity Daddy Day!
5. And Black Lightning. Who somehow hid two teenage daughters from us until they suddenly existed. So, Black Lightning is the late 40's superhero! Man, he keeps in shape.
I kind of think Comixology just wants to move some $0.99 digital comics, but I also think just grabbing some images and overlaying them in Photoshop may not have been the way to go.