But that's the way it is. We all have things we just don't give a @#$% about that are very important to our loved ones, our friends, our co-workers, and whomever is running what I see at Yahoo! and often on Twitter.
Perusing this blog will tell you - I obviously care deeply about a lot of things that absolutely do not matter. Clearly I'm bummed about things like the appearance or disappearance of Superman's outer/underwear. I care about the fate of imaginary superdogs. I get huffy that more people don't go to see movies at 11:00 in the morning. I wonder why there are so few images of Marie Windsor for me to re-post from the internet.
Here is a list of things I supposed to care about that I basically do not give a @#$% about. Not "I am hostile and am angry" but, "no, I heard you. I understand, but when I think about those things, the neurons are barely firing here behind my eyeballs":
- The Oscars
- video games
- Dr. Who
- Anything by Joss Whedon
- Kevin Smith and any of his projects
- seeing Ghost Rider 2
- that the new Star Trek is totally different from old Star Trek and makes no sense
- Downton Abbey
- Woody Allen since 1996 or so
- being mad at George Lucas
- Star Wars, I guess, now that I think about it
- Several bands that people (Randy and JimD) think I hate - REM, Nirvana, etc...
- the resurgence of Jem and My Little Pony
- any zombies in comics that aren't in iZombie or Bombie the Zombie
- Avengers vs. X-Men
- Sales figures on comics
I think that's probably a pretty good sampling. At least as its related to this blog.
I was going to erase this post, because it seems kind of half-assed, but that's what you guys get tonight.
I'm going to go do something else.