Honestly, it doesn't seem like I've watched this from beginning to end since that summer when I dragged my brother to the theater to catch this flick. The staff kind of shook their heads mournfully at us as we first, purchased tickets, and then, even more sadly as we headed willingly into the theater.
Basically, what I remember from this movie is that Billy Zane is fun (and still has hair), there's both a dog and a horse in the African jungle, Treat Williams chewing scenery and Kristy Swanson works a pair of jodhpurs and riding boots.
And, really, what else did we need in 1995?
We're recruiting YOU into joining us next Friday, April 8th at 9:00 PM Central for a Live Tweet of the movie. Hopefully that's not too late for East Coast, not too early for West Coast and, apparently, this is the time that is best for Stuart.*
If you've not seen The Phantom and/ or don't know anything about The Phantom - all the better. He's a purple superhero. That's what you need to know.
- The Movie: The Phantom (1995)
- Day: April 8th, 2016
- Time: 9:00 PM Central Time
- Available: On Netflix in the U.S. Everyone else is on their own.
- Technology: We'll be on Twitter
- My handle: @melbotis
- Our Tag: #slamevil
- Recommended number of drinks before starting: 3 beers/ 2 glasses of wine/ or 2 shots of whatever you've got (our temperate readers will need to just gird their loins)
Let's prepare to SLAM EVIL!
*And who are YOU to question what is best for Stuart?